About Our Business Practices
We believe an ethical and environmentally sound business should be open and transparent, so here you will find details of how we run our business:
- We know the full story behind each item we sell, from raw material to finished piece.
- We have chosen suppliers who share our ethical stance.
- We deeply respect the artisans who make the wonderful products we sell and are happy to pay good prices for them.
- We source most of our products from the UK, those that are from outside the UK are transported via ground delivery.
- We reuse and recycle all packaging materials that come our way.
- We use 100% recycled cardboard boxes along side those that we reuse – this means our packaging may be different each time it comes to your door.
- We use 100% recycled post-consumer waste, chlorine free tissue paper to package our products.
- Recycled shredded paper is used as a packaging filler alongside other reused media such as biodegradable corn starch chips and cardboard etc.
- All our stationary paper, card, envelopes, paper for invoices, packaging slips, parcel stickers, and flyers etc are 100% recycled paper – and where possible we try to keep paper use to a minimum.
- We use Ecotricity for our energy supplies.
- Our website is hosted by Super Green Hosting – which means the energy used to power our website server is from 100% green renewable energy.
- We have a home office, so no commuting to work.
- We sell products that we believe will last for many years and reject the throw away attitude.
- We don’t buy any products that are toxic, hazardous or cause any environmental degradation in their harvest or during manufacture.